The FSU Collaboratory provides faculty, staff, and students with a dedicated space where they can work together to design, develop, and evaluate ideas for innovative, information technologies. It is intended to encourage more competitive proposals for funded research, provide a hands-on, experiential learning lab for technological innovation and experimentation, and increase opportunities for information entrepreneurship and technology transfer across campus, thereby helping the university meet a wide range of research, development, and entrepreneurial goals.
The FSU Collaboratory helps faculty, staff, and students by providing:
- User-centered software design, analysis, and engineering opportunities.
- Technical infrastructures to develop and experiment with innovative technology.
- Assistance with prototyping information systems to support research proposals.
- Networking opportunities through a communal space for collaboration.
- Assistance with designing and evaluating information systems and technologies.
- On-demand access to digital technologies and virtual resources for innovation.
- Assistance with managing large amounts of data and information resources.
- Synergy of different knowledge areas within an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Common meeting spaces and secure storage for systems and prototypes.
iMaker Monday Meeting Reflections (6 most recent PDFs):
If you would like to receive previous iMaker Monday reflections, please email email@example.com.